Monday, May 2, 2011

Do You Feel Like We Do?

I believe the ultimate accomplishment of a songwriter is to get the listener to feel exactly what the writer did at the moment of inspiration.

If the song is about falling in love, they should feel butterflies. If the song is about breaking free, they should be driving just a little faster. If the song is about God, they should feel a little closer to heaven (think of Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus").

I have this piece of art hanging in my office (thanks for the housewarming gift, Jon!), and it's a great reminder that music truly should always be the language of emotions.

Keep writing,

Ben

P.S. - I just can't help myself...






------

Would you or someone you know like to go on a songwriting retreat with industry professionals? Visit SongbirdCamp.com for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment