Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Keep Antenna Up

Have you ever had a great melody or idea pop into your head, only to have it disappear before you capture it? I have.

Great songs are all around us--all we have to do is write them. One thing I try to do is always keep my antenna up, hoping that I see, hear or experience something that could inspire a song. All it takes is having a way of keeping track of these song titles or ideas (phone or notebook). Then, when I'm ready to sit down and write, I have a handful of potential launching points. I no longer have the pressure to come up with a profound starting point, but have a list to draw from.

Keep writing (and taking down ideas),

Ben

------

Would you or someone you know like to go on a songwriting retreat with industry professionals? Visit SongbirdCamp.com for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment