Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leather Craftsman


I had the chance a couple weeks ago to drop by a leather shop where Gordon was picking up a personalized guitar strap for a friend. The moment you walk through the door, there's a party in your nose. To me, few things smell as good as the aroma of rich leather.

We commented on how great it must be to take in the smell all day, and to our surprise, the craftsman said:

"I don't really notice it anymore. Sometimes I get a shipment of new leather in and a get a whiff of it, but not every day." 

I wish for his sake that he could have the same experience every morning walking into his job as I did that day.

May we never stop enjoying the normal aspects of creating music. 

Keep writing,

Ben

------

Would you or someone you know like to go on a songwriting retreat with industry professionals? Visit SongbirdCamp.com for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment