First, we can think too highly of our abilities. Consequences of this kind of thinking are:
- Feeling discouraged because you aren't writing with any big-name, hit writers
- Feeling angry because other people (less-qualified songwriters) are having success that you deserve
- Feeling desperation because you don't have enough irons in the fire
- Avoiding opportunities to write with people we look up to
- Not enjoying the fruit of our labor because of a focus on what was done wrong or could have been done better
- Not taking creative chances, risking that what we do could be seen as silly or irrelevant
Would you or someone you know like to go on a songwriting retreat with industry professionals? Visit SongbirdCamp.com for more details!