Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Elephant in the Room

My wife and I are about 19 weeks along, expecting our first kid in June. We are incredibly excited and I'm actually looking forward to those sleepless nights. Soon after we found out we were expecting, my wife and I both knew we were going to have to discuss the elephant in the room. In our case, the elephant is my writing/recording/mixing setup and the room is our soon-to-be nursery.

One thing I'm really excited about is the fact that, for the first time, I'll have a dedicated room that's a creative space first, guest room second. When we moved into our house, this is what our guest room looked like (it used to be a little girl's room):


Then, with a little paint, new blinds and a few decorations, we ended up with this:


With the migration south into the basement, here is the room I'll be working with:


So far, we've painted the walls and have begun transitioning some of my gear to the new room:


The next step is treating the acoustics of the room. I'll keep you all up to date with the progress over the coming weeks!

Keep writing,

Ben

------

Would you or someone you know like to go on a songwriting retreat with industry professionals? Visit SongbirdCamp.com for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment